Re: LCS-2 proposal. The first draft.

Hi Leonid,
Thanks, OK to me!

Sergei

>>> Leonid Petrov <Leonid.Petrov@xxxxxxxxxxx> 12-12-2008 16:05 >>>
Hi, Sergei,

> It looks fine to me as I looked through lba_dec2008_rev1.tex (is it the
> last update?)
>
> May be it worth to add that some "newly-detected" sources from previous
> runs will be re-observed
> in this and future runs to get data to check possible systematics and solution
> stability?

  No, newly detected sources will be reobserved only if some problems will be
detected, f.e. a source was too weak, or failures at one or more stations
prevented to get enough information. Our past experiences shows that source
position time series of 3, 5, even 10 points are useless for determining
meaningful statstics. This would be a waist of precious resources. Systematic
errors will be investigated 1) by analyzing position estimates of so-called
troposphereic calibrators -- 40-50 of such sources are observed in each
session -- that were previosly observed at S/X at Hartrao/Hobart/Parkes;
2) by analyzing differences of LBA positions and VLBA positions in the
zone [-50, -30].

  I will think of adding 1-3 sentences in the proposal that would clarify
how we are going to estimate systematic errors.

Leonid
12-DEC-2008 09:57:34

Archive of LCS project forum list_lcs@mail.astrogeo.org    Message 00032