Re: Abstract about the LCS at the IVS meeting

Dear Tara,

> I would add a sentence to the end saying what the main result so
> far is, like: "We have now observed X sources and found that..."
> Other than that I think it is fine to be submitted,

  OK. I added two sentences at the end. The version 2 of the abstract:

The objective of the project that started in 2008 is to observe at 8.4 GHz
a list of candidate flat spectrum radio sources with declination < -40 deg
with using the Australian LBA and to 1) determine their positions
with milliarcsec accuracy; 2) measure their correlated flux densities;
3) determine their suitability as calibrators for phase referencing
observations and as targets for astrometry and geodesy observations.
The overall goal of the project is to match the density of phase calibrators
in the southern hemisphere to the calibrator density in the northern
hemisphere in order to make feasible phase referencing observations at the
southern hemisphere. The current status and preliminary results
of the project are presented. In summary, by November 2009 we observed
422 sources and determined positions and correlated flux densities of
410 objects. As a result, the number of known calibrators with
declination < -40 deg increased by the factor of 4.

Leonid
29-NOV-2009 09:53:20

Archive of LCS project forum list_lcs@mail.astrogeo.org    Message 00052