SOAP project document, revision of 2017.09.04

Dear colleagues,

  Please find updated SOAP project document at
http://astrogeo.org/soap/soap_proposal.pdf according to received comments.
Major changes: 1) updated the numbers in accordance with a constraint
1 Gbps; 2) updated estimates of the required resources considering that
SOAP-A1 will observe 5 minute long scans in 8-10 scans per source. If
you spot some errors, omission in this list, for instance missed names,
please let me know. Please send to amendments of you want to change it.

ask you a favor to direct all emails related to the project that are
addressed to all team members to this list. The list is open for reading
to everybody and accessible from http://astrogeo.org/list_soap . Just keep
this in mind. :-) The goal of using the mailing list is to create the
knowledge base related to the project.

  Next item in my to do list is to make the project web site
http://astrogeo.org/soap . I will do it within 1-2 days. After that we
can consider the project set up. Hope, we will be able to finish its
first phase SOAP-E1 and SOAP-A1 within a year, get results that we
anticipate, and publish a paper.

Sincerely,
Leonid
2017.09.05_01:36:12

Archive of SOuthern Astrometry Project (SOAP) mailing list    Message 00000