Re: Prelimiary results from the 1st LBA Calibrator Survey experiment

Dear Leonid,

It's an equipment problem, I guess..
The cheapest solution would be to buy a GPS-disciplined Rb or Qx
(price range 2k-20k eu) and compare the H-maser with it. Such a setup
can track some fraction of a ns clock jitter on some hours time scale.

Though these GPS-disciplined clocks are clocks, not LOs. Their short time
jitter is too high.

Though, Tasso could know more about such devices.

Kind regards,
Sergei

>>> Leonid Petrov <Leonid.Petrov@xxxxxxxxxxx> 07/28/08 2:16 PM >>>
Sergei,

  Fringe plots shows clearly the excess of phase jitter at baselines with
CEDUINA. I put these plots at the bottom of http://vlbi.gsfc.nasa.gov/lcs/
So, we see clock were unstable on 2008.02.05, much more unstable than on
2007.06.24. What can we do before v271a to prevent this kind of problem?

Leonid
28-JUL-2008 08:13:58

Archive of LCS project forum list_lcs@mail.astrogeo.org    Message 00014