LCS experiment v271h has been analyzed

Dear colleagues,

  The LCS experiment v271h has been analyzed. Results of analysis
are accessible from the project web page http://astrogeo.org/lcs
This time the data were correlated at Curtin with the DiFX.
We detected 80 target sources out of 98 scheduled. Fortunately,
HOBART26 worked well, but PARKES sensitivity was very low: SNR
was at a level of 21000K, 50 times less than we expected.
Its Tsys was at a level of 40-60K. It is not clear what has happened.
Other stations worked reasonably good. Even tiny WARK12M turned out
quite useful.

  During analysis, for the first time I turned off constraints on
ATCA-104, CEDUNA, and MOPRA velocity since we already have data for
over 3 years. We got uncertainties of horizontal velocities
at a level of 0.5--1.9 mm/yr and uncertainties of vertical velocities
at a level of 5-10 mm/yr.

  The data are still waiting for imaging.

  I would like to ask everybody: does anybody volunteer to copy
the original uv-data from 9 LCS experiments? We need to have
a backup data repository. So far, we have ~0.5 Tb raw data.

Sincerely,
Leonid
05-OCT-2011 23:21:50

Archive of LCS project forum    Message 00078