Schedule

Dear colleagues,

  I have submitted schedule for v271i experiment that will run on
2011.07.23: ftp://ftp.atnf.csiro.au/pub/people/vlbi/v271/v271i.key .
81 sources will be observed in three scans and 8 objects will be
observed in two scans. This schedule was rather straightforward:
1) to re-observe sources detected in failed experiments v271f, v271g;
2) to re-observe sources with poor coordinates; Also 10 sources with
flux densities in range 170-180 mJy were taken for filling gaps.

  So far, 903 sources were observed. The cumulative list is available at
http://astrogeo.org/vlbi/lcs/lcs_observed_v271i.spind
Our main list, sources with flux  densities > 180mJy, and spectral
indexes -0.55, \delta < -30\deg is almost depleted: only 2 objects.
I looked at sources for the next experiment v271j which may be observed
in several months. We have 24 sources from v271f, v271g to re-observe
and 52 sources with poor coordinates. In total 78 candidates. For making
a good schedule, we need to have at least 150 candidates.

  Starting from the next experiment v271j we need to change the selection
algorithm for candidates. In accordance to our proposal, we promised
to concentrate on 1) Galactic plane; 2) zone of avoidance where the
calibrator density is low. If you know good candidates, do not hesitate
to propose them to be put in the candidate pool.

Sincerely,
Leonid
20-JUL-2011 11:23:47

Archive of LCS project forum    Message 00077