LCS v271n experiment: report on scheduled/detected sources

Dear colleagues,

  A comment about v271n. We had 145 target sources in 6 categories

  I. 59 targets within Galactic plane: |b| < 6 deg, \delta < -40deg,
     Flux > 80 mJy from SUMS and MG2. I cross-correlated the input
     catalogue against WISE and selected those that fell at a certain
     area of the color-color diagram. This is the area where the sources
     from the Radio Fundamental Catalog concentrate. See F. Schinzel,
     L. Petrov, G. Taylor, E. Mahony, P. Edwards, Y. Kovalev, ApJS,
     2015, 217, 4S for details. This method is similar to that proposed
     by Massaro, but has a different implementation.

     We have detected 26 sources. I consider this as a pleasant surprise.
     We had much worse detection rate of Galactic plane sources in the
     prior segments. There are 29 more sources that fit this criteria
     that were not scheduled in v271n. We will put them in the next v271
     segment. We also can relax a bit the flux density threshold.

 II. 16 sources candidates to associations with gamma-ray objects.
     Only 2 were detected. Unpleasant surprise. We had better detection
     rate in the past. Apparently, the majority of bright gamma-ray
     sources have already been observed.

III. 29 sources from AT20G brighter 50 mJy that fall in the areas with
     low calibrator density. All of them have been detected. Great!
     There are more sources in this category.

 IV. 19 sources from ATPMN brighter 50 mJy that fall in the areas with
     low calibrator density. Of them 17 have been detected. Very good.

  V. 18 sources from the PMN brighter 200 mJy that fall in the areas with
     low calibrator density. Only two of them have been detected.

 VI. Last 5 known sources observed by the IVS that did not have estimates
     of correlated flux densities. All of them have been detected.
     We reached the milestone: all southern sources that are present in
     the RFC have estimates of the correlated flux densities.

Sincerely,
Leonid
2015.07.20_23:40:30

Archive of LCS project forum    Message 00093