Re: Prelimiary results from the 1st LBA Calibrator Survey experiment

Dear Elaine,

> Many thanks for your message.  This sounds very exciting - are you
> able to estimate flux densities for these sources?

  Yes, I am going to provide estimates of the correlated flux density.
I will do it after the final correlation results will be available
(mid August?). Kee-Tae Kim and, some other individuals expressed their
their intention to generate images from these data. This will be also very
very helpful.

> The AT20G team will be holding our next science meeting on 5 August
> and I'm sure they will be interested to hear about these results.

  Very good. This fantastic success rate is mainly due to a very efficient
candidate source selection based on simultaneous spectra in the [5, 20] GHz
range. We are waiting for the next release of AT20G. We have enough candidate
sources for v271a, but we need more high quality candidates for next
experiments.

  I do not know whether you are aware of it. This year we observed in
four regular VLBA geodetic experiments a sample of 45 AT20G sources.
These are mainly the sources with projected flux density at X-band > 200mJy,
with the spectral index flatter than -0.5 and in the declination range
[-30, -10]. The list is available at
http://lacerta.gsfc.nasa.gov/vlbi/rdv/at20g_cumul.list
Positions from rdv67 and rdv68 and maps from rdv67 experiments are avaialbe at
http://vlbi.gsfc.nasa.gov/astro We are going to continue this work.

Sincerely,
Leonid
26-JUL-2008 09:06:11