Re: LCS-2 proposal. The second draft.

Hi Leonid,

A couple more small suggestions - excuse any poor grammar etc - I have just got back from carols in the park. Possibly something you poor Northern Hemisphere dwellers would not get to partake in but it means it is now late and I have had a couple (no more!) of beers. But not a good proposal reading combination.

- Past Observations

I would consider rewording this to remove reference to v230. I think the two epochs so far for the actual proposal (v254a and v271a) have gone so well that we do not need to refer to an even older experiment - which did have different goals etc.

- Why calibrators are needed

"These observations will also address long-term scientiïc goals of proposers for creation of a
homogeneous, ïux limited sample of compact radio sources." =>

"These observations will also address *a* long-term scientiïc goal** of proposers for *the* creation of a
homogeneous, ïux limited sample of compact radio sources."

"Proposed observations will help to extend the complete sample to the whole sky" =>

"*The proposed* observations will help to extend the complete sample to the whole sky"

"The complete sample will allow to generalize various statistics, such as compactness, the
brightness temperature for the core and jet components, the dependence between the angular
size of the core-jet region and the redshift, and others, to the entire population of compact radio
sources. " =>

"The complete sample will allow *generation of* statistics, such as compactness, the
brightness temperature for the core and jet components, the dependence between the angular
size of the core-jet region and the redshift, and others, to the entire population of compact radio
sources. "

Proposed Observations

"v254f" => "v254a"

Cheers